Here’s a rather depressing recap of last week’s performances by my DEEP SLEEP picks:
- Keiland Williams – Mike Shanahan strikes again. Somehow Williams was given less work than James Davis as the Redskins lost to the pitiful Vikings. Sigh, I had a feeling Williams would feel the wrath of Shanahan, but I thought with Portis and Torain out, he would at least see some light.
- Pierre Thomas – Good news! He might start playing a little this week, and from the sounds of it, he should be ready to go come week 14, which is fantasy playoff season. Let’s see how his numbers look if/when he plays this week. Make sure you check his practice reports if you’re planning on starting him.
- Shaun Hill – After weeks of good numbers, Shaun Hill once again fell to the injury bug. He isn’t practicing this week as Drew Stanton takes his place with the first team reps. If you’re looking for a good replacement, I’d take Cassel or Fitzpatrick.
- Sidney Rice – After being targeted a team-high 10 times the week before, Rice underperformed this week with 1 catch for 20 yards. Ouch. I hope this isn’t an omen for things to come, but having a stat-line like that can’t be too reassuring. I’d keep an eye on him, though.
- Jacob Tamme – My pride and joy. Tamme never lets me down. He scored another TD, even with Manning’s poor play, and racked up 64 yards. Since he became the starter, he’s averaging more fantasy points per week than even Dallas Clark did.
This week’s DEEP SLEEP after the jump… Continue reading